“Intensity-seeking is an enslavement of our own perpetuation. When we step out of the delirium of always seeking someone new, and meet the same old sad and lonely child within, our healing journey begins. Exhausting ourselves with novelty is a defense against our deepest pain, one that we cannot outrun. But once we stop and feel our losses, we can begin our healing journey and be the authentic, joyous person we were born to be.” Alexandra Katehakis
she decides to scrub her inner closet,
unclutter the heart-shaped chamber
hers is a dusty, unused space,
a sleeping place of possibility.
she purges outdated rules,
tosses perfection in the trash
demolishes the beams of broken dreams
guts old walls, strips away veneer.
hauls the trappings to a dump.
one pink-gold morning
a perfect being comes to her
baby-clean, bathed in spirit breeze
and wrapped in billowed curtains.
with tentative fingertips
she touches her holy child
that mysterious yet comfortable
eternal being who lives
inside her precious home.
Kathie Sutherland – Word Painter
About the Author
I am a story in progress! In addition to my roles as wife, mother, grandmother, secretary, short story writer, poet, workshop guide and facilitator, I am a great cook, an avid reader, a people watcher and I adore the outdoors, especially the ocean and the forest. I love dogs, cherish my friends, and appreciate good photography. Though I’m curious and adventuresome and really enjoy travel, my home is my sanctuary.
- Beyond these roles, I am a reflective, spiritual person who seeks truth, love and wholeness.
- I respect all life, and strive to be aware and conscious.
- I believe every human being has a story, but that we are more than our story.
- My goal is to continue to shed my ego’s stories and embrace my true and authentic self.
- I am a soul diver whose creativity is filled with images and experiential detail that represent my truest self.
- I love word craft and the power of connotation and meaning.
- I am a lifelong learner who strives to find the gifts in my experience.
- I am a steadfast and compassionate friend, a good listener and cheerleader.
- I appreciate our common need for connection and belonging.