Kathie Sutherland is the author of the poetry collection Balancing Act. In October of 2013, I had the honor of interviewing this amazing and inspiring woman of great prose. You can find our interview here.
One cold winter day of 2014, Kathie sent me this poem she wrote:
From the Bedroom
she calls out
in her feeble, whiny voice,
I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!
I want to assist
but my victim heart
my bootstraps are broken too!
I lie on the floor
alone and hurt
feeling helpless and hopeless
supine in my guilt
and my weakness
Kathie Sutherland 2014
Who is Kathie Sutherland?
I am a story in progress! In addition to my roles as wife, mother, grandmother, secretary, short story writer, poet, workshop guide and facilitator, I am a great cook, an avid reader, a people watcher and I adore the outdoors, especially the ocean and the forest. I love dogs, cherish my friends, and appreciate good photography. Though I’m curious and adventuresome and really enjoy travel, my home is my sanctuary.
- Beyond these roles, I am a reflective, spiritual person who seeks truth, love and wholeness.
- I respect all life, and strive to be aware and conscious.
- I believe every human being has a story, but that we are more than our story.
- My goal is to continue to shed my ego’s stories and embrace my true and authentic self.
- I am a soul diver whose creativity is filled with images and experiential detail that represent my truest self.
- I love word craft and the power of connotation and meaning.
- I am a lifelong learner who strives to find the gifts in my experience.
- I am a steadfast and compassionate friend, a good listener and cheerleader.
- I appreciate our common need for connection and belonging.
On Facebook: Kathie Sutherland – balancing Act Poetry Collection